Waste incineration plants are expected to work with ever increasing efficiency – and to do so at high operating temperatures with extreme temperature fluctuations, high mechanical stresses and chemical attack in aggressive environments. The overall result is a growth in the demands being made on acid-resistant corrosion protection linings for waste incinerators.
High gas temperatures, sulphur compounds, phosphoric acid and highly aggressive hydrofluoric acid call for special lining materials, as well as for experienced detail engineering for the various plant stages and for critical areas such as inlets and outlets.
STEULER-KCH has many years of practical experience with a wide variety of different processing plants and production methods. As a supplier of turnkey industrial corrosion protection solutions, we undertake the entire engineering design work, material deliveries and installation of corrosion protection systems for waste incinerators.
Rubber liners or synthetic resin coating systems are used as protective membranes. Insulating fire bricks, foam glass and acid-resistant ceramics are used for insulation in the various process areas. Due to fluoride compounds and hydrofluoric acid, carbon and graphite bricks are also used as a reliably protection against chemical attack and elevated temperatures.
STEULER-KCH is your preferred supplier of corrosion protection solutions for waste incineration plants:
- Brick linings with synthetic resin and water glass based mortars for gas scrubbers, equipment and process vessels.
- Finite element analysis, thermal conductivity calculations and reliable engineering for layer tension calculation
- Shaped bricks and special formats in various brick grades (acid-resistant ceramic, carbon bricks and graphite)
- Self-supporting STEULER grid domes
- A variety of membranes, such as synthetic resin systems, rubber liners (on-site and workshop rubber linings) or Teflon
- Industrial floor coatings and acid-proof tile linings (combined linings) for all areas of the plant
- Coating systems with national technical approval from the German Institute for Building Technology (DIBt) in accordance with the German Water Resources Act (§§ 62/63) that are suitable for use in storage, loading and handling areas as well as collection basins
- Mechanically anchored thermoplastic systems (BEKAPLAST®) for trenches, pits and vessels
- Mechanically anchored stainless steel lining systems for surface areas, plants and rooms subject to extremely high mechanical stress (BEKASTEEL®)